Thursday, October 16, 2014

Panic Attacks

A panic attack is a sudden feeling of overwhelming anxiety and fear. Your heart pounds and you can’t breathe. You may even feel like you’re dying or going crazy. In many cases, panic attacks come out of nowhere, without any warning. Often, there is no clear reason for the attack. They may even occur when you’re relaxed or asleep. A panic attack may be a one-time occurrence, but many people experience repeat episodes. Recurrent panic attacks are often triggered by a specific situation, such as crossing a bridge or speaking in public especially if that situation has caused a panic attack before. Usually, the panic-inducing situation is one in which you feel endangered and unable to escape. You may experience one or more panic attacks, yet be otherwise perfectly happy and healthy. Many signs of panic attacks include a shortness of breath or hyperventilation, heart palpitations or a racing heart, chest pain or discomfort, trembling or shaking, choking feeling, sweating, nausea or upset stomach, feeling dizzy, light-headed, or faint, hot or cold flashes. A common reason for panic attacks for teenagers is tests; when they do tests in school some do receive panic attacks. In my opinion, panic attacks should be taken very seriously because they can restrain certain people from doing well in school or restrain them from doing something they love.




http://www.medicinenet.com/panic_disorder/article.htm

6 comments:

  1. Having a panic attack is probably one of the worst feelings ever. You feel like you cant even move from how stressed you are with all types of awfull things running through your mind. It could be one little thing stressing you out but you feel like you're carryig the world on your shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mia, I really enjoy reading your blogs each week they're really interesting and i always end up earning something new from you. I had no idea how many symptoms there are when you're having a panic attack and how they can really stress you out and make you do poorly on tests and oral presentations.I look forward to reading next weeks blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree 100% with your blog, panic attacks are not something someone would enjoy, I know the feeling. The first time I had a panic attack I could breathe. I just struggled with my emotions and I didn’t feel-good later because I still had the feeling of stress and anxiety surrounding me. But I love how accurate your description is. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. panic attacks are not something i think anyone would enjoy, they are horrible things that need to be taken more seriously. Not everyone is the same alot of people feel things differently, they get nervous more easily and not alot of people understand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learn so many new things when I read your blogs! Panic attacks sound horrible, I would hate to experience one. I'm glad I read this, so many interesting facts, good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do agree Oshawn ! i learn something new everytime a write a new blog on a different subject and i do love learning about these different types of illnesses they are just so interesting to learn about

      Delete