Monday, September 15, 2014

Introduction

Mental illness / disorders are a part of our everyday life. No one can run from it.  Mental illnesses / disorders can affect most people in some way. We most likely know someone who has experienced a mental illness / disorders at some point in their lives. It can entirely take over someone's life not always in a good way. Mental illness/ disorders in my opinion is a very serious subject and I would like to write about it. I would like to be given the chance to explain different things about mental illnesses / disorders, why they are around and the effect of them as well. I want to explain to certain people that not everything they hear or read about on mental illnesses/ disorders is true, most of them are myths,  created by some sort of advertising, television shows, articles on the internet ect... Mental illnesses/ disorders are still to this day misunderstood by very many people, not everyone understands how people with mental illnesses/ disorders see, think or feel. They don't always see the same things or see the same way as non-mental illness/ disorders people do. They don't always think the same way either, they could possibly think the complete opposite as non-mental illness/ disorders people do. Not very many people with mental illnesses/ disorders feel exactly how non-mental illness/ disorders people would feel; sometimes they can feel the complete opposite. Those are things from my perspective that more people around the world need to understand about people with mental illnesses/ disorders. 

3 comments:

  1. Mia, I think that mental illnesses and disorders is a very good blog idea. It`s a very interesting topic and there are so many things you can to discuss. Those kind of things interest me a lot because i like to know what certain illnesses and disorders to and hear stories about people with them. I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Emma for your lovely comment. Yes I do agree, it is a very interesting subject to learn about. I will be looking forward to you following up with my blog and learn facts about this interesting subject. I will make sure to post some stories that have to do with this subject. Thank you again for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog sounds very interesting. I can't wait to learn more about mental illness/ disorders so I can fully understand them and know the myths I might have thought were true. I think your blog will be very educative and helpful. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete